The camp is located minutes from the village of Roberts Creek, which is half way between Gibsons and Sechelt on the Sunshine Coast. To get to the Sunshine Coast you need to take the ferry from Horseshoe Bay to Langdale. The ferry costs approximately $58.65 for a vehicle and driver, or $13.45 for walk on passengers. BC Ferries has their ferry schedule available at www.bcferries.ca. The ferry runs every two hours and the trip on the boat is about 45 minutes long.
Detailed directions to Camp Douglas is listed below. Or you can use the interactive map at Google Maps.
- Head straight forward off the ferry up the hill.
- At the top of the hill, turn left then an immediate right (following most of the off-loading traffic)
- Turn right on to Highway 101(also called the Sunshine Coast Highway)
- Once on this highway, it is about fifteen or twenty minutes to the camp.. When you pass Cliff Gilker Provincial Park, then the Sunshine Coast Golf Course, you will arrive at Roberts Creek.
- Turn left on Flume Road (marked with a sign indicating that the Roberts Creek Provincial Park Picnic Area)
- Turn right at the bottom of Flume onto Beach Avenue,
- The camp is on the next street corner, Beach Avenue and Margaret Road.