As a fully accredited member of the BC Camping Association, Camp Douglas maintains the highest standards for safety, leadership, food, water and sanitation:
- Regular visits and approval by the BC Ministry of Health confirm that our kitchen, washrooms, sleeping areas and site meet with Provincial regulations.
- Campers’ health, safety and comfort are essential for a memorable camp experience. The First Aid Cabin, our summer infirmary, is well equipped to provide quality care, with the additional support of local hospital and walk-in clinics nearby. It is an 11 minute drive to St. Mary’s Hospital in Sechelt.
- An experienced and highly trained first-aid person is always on site and they work closely with staff to ensure camper care, safety and health.
- Many staff members hold Standard First Aid and CPR certificates.
- Waterfront staff hold National Lifeguarding Service certification. As well, there are several staff members who hold Bronze Cross certification.
- All staff and volunteers undergo police background checks.
- Meals are generous, well planned and nutritious (meal plans follow Canada’s Food Guide).