Camp Douglas is fully staffed and equipped to offer a stimulating and structured program. Many of our activities not only teach skills, but encourage creativity. While younger campers go to bed earlier than older campers, a typical Camp Day would look like this:
7:00 AM Polar Dip
- Nothing like a morning swim, chilly but exhilarating and always optional!
7:30 AM Chapel
- Our outdoor chapel serves as the ideal location of singing and learning
8:00 AM Breakfast
- Teddy bears, bed heads, pajamas are just some of the themes!
9:00 AM Cabin Clean + Duties
- Keeps us all healthy and things running smoothly
9:30 AM Bible Study
- Worshi and an inspiring Bible lesson led by the Worship Director
10:30 AM Waterfront
- Beach walk, kayak, boat races and more!
12:00 PM Lunch Prep
- Get yourselves in shape for a theme meal: Monk's Meal, Shipwreck or Dress Up Your Cabin Leader!
- Lots of singing and tradition are found here!
1:30PM HHH (Happy Horizontal Hour)
- Enjoy a "tuck" deliver (goodies from the camp store thanks to Weezie_ and rest up for the afternoon
2:30PM Choose Your Own Adventure
- Nature walk, knuckle ball, bracelet making, wood burning - your choice!
4:00PM Free Swim
- Beach lounging, flotilla to the raft, guitar playing and swimming
5:00PM Dinner Prep
- Dress up for our Formal Dinner, Christmas in July or Backwards Meal
- More singing .. and oh yes we eat too (thanks to Pinky)!
6:30PM Field Games
- Campwide games that get the heart pumping and the laughter rolling
7:00PM Evening Program
- Grand adventures where characters from the week’s theme visit and set us up for games like Capture the Flag and Mission Impossible
- Chaplains tell stories, praises are sung and marshmellows make an appearance
9:00PM Mug Up
- Snack time! Thank you to all of those who donate cookies :)
- Cabin Leaders spend time leading devotions in each cabin
9:30PM Lights Out
- Time to get some rest for tomorrow's adventures!